Sunday, August 06, 2006

My Baby Shower!

From the colorful bouquets of fresh flowers that adorned the tables to the tiny sachets of Jasmine tea as a parting gift, Saturday was a perfect day. After being on bed rest for the last 6 weeks, it was wonderful to spend a morning surrounded by my mom and good friends. My close friend Karen hosted the baby shower, and she went out of her way to make the morning special for everyone. Karen and Heather prepared the food and it was delicious. We all enjoyed chatting in Karen's backyard while eating lunch, and we were delighted by the cooler temperatures after last weeks heat wave. After lunch we played a few games and then opened up all of the gifts. We received so many nice things for Maya and I felt touched by how excited everyone was to meet Maya. The most popular topic of the morning was the famous question, "I wonder what she will look like?" Black hair like daddy, blue eyes like mommy, brown skin, fair skin or the combination in a nice tan color. The consenus was that she will be a nice blend of both mommy and daddy and that she will have mommy's spunky personality. I felt honored that everyone was willing to spend their Saturday morning celebrating Maya's upcoming arrival.

I will officially be off bed rest and medication this Friday. I cannot thank everyone enough for remembering us in their thoughts and prayers as we tip-toed through this critical time. By God's grace, we rejoice that we have made it this far and the doctors tell us that if Maya comes now she will be just fine. Her official due date is September the 8th, but she will probably have us guessing the day of her arrival until she actually comes. (Vivek thinks that she will have the last laugh by arriving in September as originally planned.) It is so exciting to think that very soon we will hold our precious daughter in our arms. Until then, we are just enjoying each remaining day of the pregnancy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I really enjjoyed spending time with you at your baby shower. It was a Wonderful day. Eating al fresco, with all the delicious food and nice company was perfect. You look GREAT. As time gets closer I will be thinking of you. TAke care mija, Aileen