Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Move


It's now been 10 days since we've moved to OUR new home. I don't think it has sunk in. I think I've finally recovered from the move. Moving is traumatic. When we woke up on the morning of the 29th of June, we were both a bit sad. Our home of 3 years on top of a mountain overlooking the Batiquitos Lagoon and the Pacific Ocean was a picture perfect storybook home minus the white picket fence. I had a couple of friends over during the day helping me put all our stuff in the back of a U-Haul, we started at 9am and were done by 3:30pm. Elizabeth spent the last 2 hours on the floor surrounded with pillows trying very hard to stay put. Once we drove over to the new place it was around 5pm and all the guys from our growth group came over after work to help unload the U-Haul. What had taken me and a friend 6 hours to load took the 5 guys only 2 hours to unload! After that began the hardest part of moving...re-arranging the furniture.

My mom arrived on Sunday and having her here has been such a Godsend. She has done everything from cooking, to cleaning, to organizing, to unpacking, to bringing me breakfast in bed every morning. I don't know how we could have settled in without her help. While I'm stuck on the couch or in bed it has been so nice to have someone to keep me company while Vivek is at work. On Thursday I had a doctor's appointment and things seem to be about the same...this is good news. For now we are just taking it one day at a time. I can't wait for week 36 when I'm finally off of bed rest.

Thank you all for your prayers and support during this transition time in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love your story and blog and photos of all of you. Happy sixth wedding anniversary. We want to send you a card. What is your new address? Myla and Jim