celebrate Elizabeth's birthday at a restaurant called Hour Time.
Vivek: I can't believe I asked Elizabeth out to dinner after just meeting her 3 weeks earlier. I sent her 3 red roses on her birthday, one for each week I had known her. She tried to say 'no' politely, I just misunderstood it to be 'I would love to, but...'. Once we got to the restaurant, I asked if I could hold her hand, her reply was an emphatic 'No', I thought she meant 'No, not yet...'.Elizabeth: I just meant "no." :) I learned at that moment that Vivek is not afraid to bring up whatever is on his mind (and I do mean whatever!). We had a nice evening together with lots of laughter and easy conversation. He was a true gentleman. When he dropped me off at my dorm room my roommates surprised me by hanging a big "Happy 18th Birthday" banner in our room. We took some pictures together and chatted for a while. Little did I know that that evening would be the first of many milestones in our relationship, "our first date."

No comments:
Post a Comment